The Berkshire Museum seeks an administrative staff member for the Development Office. The Development Associate will report directly to the Membership & Development Manager with further oversight from the Director of Development. They are the key staff members responsible for entering and maintaining all donor and gift records, preparing donor communications such as membership cards and gift acknowledgments, and conducting membership renewal outreach.
The Development Associate will also participate in event planning and implementation, and act as the primary point of contact for facility rental inquiries.
Primary Functions and Major Responsibilities
This position will assist with all aspects of the Development Office including, but not limited to, program planning and execution, departmental support, and facility rental management.
- Responsible for entering and managing all data into the database including gifts, activities, event attendance, conversation notes, and other information.
- Serve as a daily key point of contact for donors and external audiences.
- Work with Membership & Development Manager and Director of Development to develop strategies to increase revenue through membership, events, and annual giving.
- Assist with Museum fundraising events as well as board and committee meetings as needed.
- Work with Facilities and Visitor Services staff to coordinate and implement facility rentals.
- Excellent writing skills with an entrepreneurial spirit and creative style
- Strong collaborator and communicator working well with Museum members and coworkers
- Strong organizational and time management skills; highly self-motivated and energetic, ability to show initiative and work independently
- The ability to accomplish a task while demonstrating strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle simultaneous, multiple projects, work flexibly in a team environment and communicate with members of the public in a professional manner
- Comfortable working with the public, trustees, members, and donors on the phone and/or in person
- Strong technological skills and computer literacy
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, and easily accept other duties and tasks as assigned
The Development Associate is a full-time salaried position with generous benefits; salary is commensurate with experience.
Send a letter of interest and resume to William Demick, Membership & Development Manager at email@example.com.
The position is considered open until filled.
Berkshire Museum is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive, equitable, accessible, and welcoming environment for all employees, volunteers, and guests and encourage any individual interested in working with the Museum to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 – $38,000.00 per year
Flexible spending account
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Pittsfield, MA 01201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
High school diploma or equivalent (Required)
Databases: 1 year (Preferred)
Experience with Altru and/or another CRM is a plus
Microsoft Office: 2+ years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person at the Berkshire Museum
The person must be committed to the Museum’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access mission; dedicated to integrating accountability across all efforts to support and sustain an anti-racist, racially equitable organization; demonstrate a passion for advancing organizational DEIA objectives and supporting others to approach all activities with an equity lens.