The museum shop assistant will cover all duties of running the museum shop for approximately 2 ½ days a week. The main focus will be to process all sales and maintain an orderly sales floor. This museum shop assistant will also serve as an ambassador for the museum, greeting guests and answering questions about the museum and store products.
Primary Functions and Major Responsibilities:
Running the store in Manager’s absence, processing daily sales transactions, interacting with customers, restocking and maintaining a neat and orderly store, and assist the store manager with inventory controls.
• Manage overall operations of the Museum store in manager’s absence
• Set up cash register for each shift and ring sales.
• Reconcile daily sales reports and prepare related bank deposits at end of day
• Daily housekeeping such as dust shelves, straighten merchandise, neaten cash wrap area, restock bags and tissue paper as needed.
• Restock sales merchandise as needed
• Assist with receiving new merchandise into POSIM, ticketing, and display
• Answer phone for museum shop.
• Attending special events as required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience and education
• 3 – 5 years retail experience; or equivalent sales experience
• Customer service and up selling abilities
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with others and take constructive criticism in a team environment
• Familiarity with POS (point-of-sale) system for cash receipts and sales
Send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by mail to Stephanie Hill-Manuel, Berkshire Museum, 39 South St., Pittsfield, MA 01201; or apply in person. For complete job description, click the above link.