The security officer is responsible for maintaining the security of the Museum and its “collection” and for the safety of the staff and visitors. The security officer must maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service at all times.
Primary Functions and Major Responsibilities:
- Perform regular rounds of the building checking the security of the Museum and its art objects and the safety of the building. Use the security equipment to check in at all assigned checkpoints. Report all safety and security issues to the supervisor on duty.
- Maintain a presence at the visitor service area to be of assistance to the visitor center personnel, to accept deliveries, and to answer questions and maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Verify that all contractor and volunteers have signed in and are wearing their designated badges.
- Ensure that the lobby are remains neat in appearance.
- Have a thorough understanding of all emergency procedures.
- Complete incident reports for the Chief of Security’s review in cases of loss or personal injury.
- Use the proper codes and professional communication when using the security radio system.
- From time to time, be available to provide security for special events at night and during unscheduled periods and perform other tasks as required.
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience
- Must pass Cori check
- Certified in CPR and First aid preferred
- Customer Service Orientated